- Jane Brophy is an excellent candidate with a proven campaigning track record.
- There is a fantastic, young and enthusiastic team running the campaign – working extremely hard.
- We are fighting in what is a “development constituency” for us – which means there are great gains to be had in terms of new members and supporters to be recruited.
- Tim Farron is taking this campaign very seriously and will be visiting Oldham West and Royton again tomorrow (Tuesday).
- Our campaign is centred around our fight against the Conservatives’ cuts to family tax credits, which will affect 8,000 local families in Oldham West and Royton to the tune of £1000 per year each.
- Jane Brophy’s petition against the family tax credit cuts is getting lots of signatures on the doorstep.
- Jeremy Corbyn is not popular on the doorsteps.
- We’ve got a real opportunity to shine in this campaign.
- I spent the weekend as “wing man” for Mike Thornton and I am happy to report that he is a man of irrepressible good sense, with lots of experience of real life. He is a real asset to the party.
- In the photo of the HQ team (Saturday night shift) I look as tall as James Coburn in the Band on the Run album cover photo. But I am standing on tippy toes, so I was cheating.
Please do go and help the campaign between now and polling day on 3rd December. Every little helps.
Here’s all the info you need to help:
Address: 51 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1HH
Phone: 07884 733281
How to get to Oldham West and Royton to help Jane!
Trams are the easiest way to get here and are every 12 minutes from Manchester to the Oldham Centre stop less than 2 minutes walk on the same road as our campaign HQ. Just hop on one of the regular trams heading in the direction of Rochdale from Manchester. The trams go through Manchester City Centre or Piccadilly and Victoria Train Stations. It takes roughly 35 minutes from Piccadilly to get here!
Leave at Junction 22 of the M60 and follow the signs for the A62 to Oldham Town Centre From the M62, leave Junction 20 onto the A627(M) and follow the signs to Oldham Town Centre, then pick up the signs for Spindles Town Square.
Where to park
We have 30 minutes pay and display (but free) parking outside our office which is perfect for quickly picking up leaflets and canvassing – but can be busy! There is 3 hours free parking at the local Sainsbury’s just 2 minute walk to the office. Post code OL1 1DJ For longer trips – park at Spindles Town Square Shopping Centre- Is £6 for over 5 hours. Monday to Saturday 7:00 – 17:30. Sunday 9:30 – 16:30
You can always stay for a few days. We’ve compiled some of the best-priced accommodation in the area, you can find the information here. We also can offer free accommodation with local party members, but these spaces are limited, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some assistance with accommodation.